What are we about?
We want to:
- To support the community groups around the world which are benefitting from the Fairtrade premium, as well as the individuals who are becoming more confident and independent because of their links with Fairtrade
- To continue to be aware that there are many people around the world who are living in difficult conditions due to war, occupation etc.
The World Fair Trade Organisation (WFTO) prescribes 10 Principles that Fair Trade Organisations must follow in their day-to-day work and carries out monitoring to ensure these principles are upheld. These are:
- Creating Opportunities for Economically Disadvantaged Producers
- Transparency and Accountability
- Fair Trading Practices
- Fair Payment
- Ensuring no Child Labour and Forced Labour
- Commitment to Non Discrimination, Gender Equity and Women’s Economic Empowerment, and Freedom of Association
- Ensuring Good Working Conditions
- Providing Capacity Building
- Promoting Fair Trade
- Respect for the Environment
For a more detailed explanation on how these principles are followed, please see 10 Principles of Fair Trade on the WFTO website.
- Breakfast is Served
Come and join us for Breakfast and celebrate Fair Trade Fortnight.
The menu will include fairly traded foods from around the world.
Come and hear some of the producers stories.
On Saturday 29th February 2020 at the Methodist Church Hall (opposite the Market Hall) from 10am
- Fairtrade Fortnight 2020
Dates – Monday 24th Feb to 8th March
Events details to follow